Breach of Fiduciary Duty
Vernon Litigation Group has both a passion for and decades of experience holding fiduciaries responsible for wrongdoing caused by conflicts of interest, greed, carelessness, negligence, theft, and other motivations. We regularly pursue claims against trust companies, registered investment advisors, family offices, individual trustees, guardians, executors, officers, directors, general partners, and others for failures to act in the best interest of our clients. We also have experience handling fiduciary disputes involving partnerships, closely held corporations, and hedge funds.
The attorney breach of fiduciary duty at Vernon Litigation Group has experience handling breaches of fiduciary duty litigation including:
- Real estate investments
- Shareholder or partner disputes
- Removal of fiduciaries or trustees
- Trust and will disputes
- Charitable trusts and foundation disputes
- Exploitation, vulnerable adult, and undue influence claims
- Receivership representation
- Mismanagement or misappropriation of assets
- Securities and investments
- Insurance and annuities
- Financial advisors, financial planners, certified public accountants, real estate agents, lenders, and other professionals
- Failure to provide an accounting
- Failure to maintain records, or failure to provide certain records
- Trustees, executors, guardians, personal representatives
- Corporate board members, corporate officers, or court-appointed receivers.
Breaches of fiduciary duty frequently involve very personal violations of our client’s trust and confidence. Fortunately, our attorneys are skilled in court proceedings, arbitration, and at the negotiating table. A number of remedies are available to persons who successfully pursue a breach of fiduciary duty claim including monetary damages, imposition of a constructive trust, disgorgement of profits, and injunctive relief.