Mr. Vernon handles the litigation and arbitration of complex business and financial disputes throughout Southwest Florida, including contract, construction, probate, and real estate disputes. Mr. Vernon’s national practice encompasses the representation of investors in all manner of securities disputes throughout the United States. He currently holds an AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell (which is the highest peer review rating available to an attorney) and has been repeatedly recognized by Florida Super Lawyers (2006-2018) and The Best Lawyers in America (2009-2021) in multiple categories (Commercial Litigation, Securities/Capital Markets Law, and Bet-the-Company Litigation). He has also testified as an expert on investment matters as well as matters relating to FINRA arbitration.
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U. S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Private practice in Naples and Orlando, Florida
- Prosecution intern, Hillsborough County State Attorney’s Office
- Law: J.D., Stetson University College of Law
- Undergraduate: B.S., cum laude, Finance, Florida State University