When handling construction litigation-related issues, there are many things one should consider. Individuals can take care of these cases independently and represent themselves, but it is not recommended. Working with a construction attorney can be beneficial in many ways and increase the chances of your case's success. These lawyers work with many different parties, such as property owners, individual workers, sureties, large companies, and more.
What Does a Construction Litigation Attorney Do?
Construction litigation-focused attorneys are not only good for representation in court but legal advice as well. They are often a great resource because they can handle a wide range of construction-related legal issues, including:
- Contractor Disputes – Disputes are subject to rise at any time during construction projects. Construction litigation lawyers can help advise how to navigate through the issues effectively.
- Forming Contracts – It's beneficial to have a construction lawyer review a written contract before parties sign. They are also an excellent resource for understanding the requirements of government contracts.
- Workplace Injuries – Construction workers who are injured on the job can work with construction attorneys to seek financial compensation by filing a lawsuit against their employer.
- Construction Defect Claims – Construction lawyers can help understand legal options for recovering from defects and finding the best legal strategy.
Questions You Can Ask Your Construction Litigation Attorney
When meeting a potential attorney during an initial consultation, it's important you are prepared to ask the right question. This will give you a better understanding of what to expect from your lawyer and the legal process. A few questions you can ask your attorney to better help determine if they are the right fit for you include:
- What are the associated legal fees?
- What legal services do you offer?
- Do you offer any billion options?
- Is a lawsuit the best plan of action based on my case details?
- What would be the most realistic option for my situation?
Contact Us Today
Putting off working with a construction litigation lawyer can affect your case outcome. Here at Vernon Litigation Group, we have a team of trusted attorneys who have years of experience that you need on your side. Construction-related cases require significant time, effort, and paperwork that we are dedicated to handling, so you don't have to. Let us be your voice.
Contact us today at (239) 319-4434 or visit us online to schedule your free consultation with a member of our team.