Investment fraud is far too common in today’s market. With the growing popularity of bitcoin, investors new and old are eager to enter the market and invest significant money. However, several scammers, incompetent brokers, and advisors work for their profits. As such, if you are an investor, you should know the various ways to protect yourself from fraud.
These are a few of the things you can do to protect yourself before investing in any market:
- Make sure that the broker or advisor has a license and is registered.
- Pay close attention to promises that appear “too good to be true.”
- Be aware of high-pressure sales tactics (e.g., persistent brokers constantly telling you about a specific investment).
- Avoid unsolicited investment offers.
- Only choose investments that you are aware of and have researched carefully.
- Watch out for someone offering you an investment for an online scam.
One of the most important things you can do is perform a FINRA broker check. A broker check allows you to look at a financial investment professional’s employment history, regulatory complaints, and any actions against them for wrongdoing. You can get all the information you need before working with someone to avoid becoming a victim of investment fraud.
Get a Lawyer On Your Side
If you lose money because of investment fraud, it’s crucial to work with someone who can safeguard your rights. Our Naples litigation attorneys have the experience and knowledge necessary to help you through complex legal matters.
With Vernon Litigation Group, you get dedicated professionals on your side who work on your behalf. Our goal is to provide you with the representation necessary to hold fraudulent advisors and investment professionals accountable from start to finish. You shouldn’t have to fear losing your hard-earned money because a financial advisor is looking out for their financial gain.